Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Fun

While my dad and I were at the UT/Michigan game a couple of weekends ago my mom took the kids to get pumpkins and just gave me these pictures she took. The kids had fun climbing over all the big pumpkins and they picked out some very nice ones for our front porch. There was also a corn maze although I don't think they actually went through it. Ian seemed to like the entrance and exit signs for it though. And in case you noticed the large cut on his nose that would be from an incident earlier in the day at Grandma's house. He was apparently trying to steal food off of Alexis' tray while she was sitting in the high chair (typical Ian) when he ended up pulling the entire high chair, the chair it was attached to and Alexis on top of him. The edge of the tray cut his nose and gave him a black eye. Luckily, they were superficial wounds...they just looked really bad. And Alexis was scared but not hurt. It's always something with these two.

On a separate note, I have some exciting news...and no, I am not pregnant like everyone else I know! I got a job! With Brian coming back in a couple of weeks I had been a little more serious about finding something lately and one of the places I interviewed with worked out. I'll be doing taxes and other related stuff at an accounting firm in Toledo so I'm very excited to be getting back to work. It's a full time job and during tax season there will be a lot of overtime but the kids will just get to spend lots and lots of time with Daddy. I start the first week of December so I've got a month left to enjoy life as I know it now.






2 comments:

The Cook Family said...

Yeah! Congrats on the job! Did Brian get the job at UT?

The Cherkauskas Family said...

Congrats on the job--glad it worked out!