Friday, March 14, 2008

Down South






Well, I finally stopped talking about it and just got the kids in the car and drove to South Carolina to see our friends the Thrailkills. The car ride there and back was about as perfect as you can get with two kids under two. I learned several lessons from a previous trip to New York and was well prepared. Alexis slept the entire way there and back and Ian was content to play with the toys that I placed around him. We only made one 45 minute stop each way for gas, food and diaper changes. That's right, folks...if it wasn't for the stops I would have beat Mapquest's time by 45 minutes. Ah, road trips....
Anyways, we had a great time on our visit. It was so cute to see all the kids together and hang out like we used to. Thank goodness I had just gotten my passport renewed though...you really do need one to go down there (Sweet Home Alabama, anyone??)

3 comments:

The Cherkauskas Family said...

oh so jealous! the pics are adorable. i especially love alexis' tax deduction bib...wherever did you find it?

i'm amazed at your road trip skills. i mean i knew you had it in you based on trips to poland, but with two kids??? you're a superstar.

The Cook Family said...

How much fun that you got to be together! I can't complain, because I have been blessed to see you both this year, but I wish we could ALL be together! Now, we just need Adrianne to start a blog.....

As for the trip, I couldn't even make it to KC (2 hrs) without stopping! You are good!

Embrace the Circus said...

It's amazing to see you and your kids all together. It looks like you had lots of fun, and I'm jealous. I've been completely out of touch with Adrianne, but she and her little girl look fantastic!