Monday, January 12, 2009

Our Christmas (a little late...)

Yes, I know we are already in the second week of January but with work and the holidays and all the other craziness around here I am just now getting a moment to put up some Christmas pictures. Work is starting to get busier with tax season right around the corner and we now have 4 cats in our house!! We got my dad's two again since he goes to Florida for the winter and my sister Heidi just moved to Florida and couldn't take her kitty with her....Brian is thrilled, let me tell you. Hehe.
Anyways, our Christmas plans changed about 50 times before Christmas Day actually arrived...mostly because of my work schedule. Our office was open Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas so although we had planned to go to Rochester for Christmas we didn't know how that was going to work. Well, it's a long story and like I said our plans changed a million times but we eventually decided on Brian driving up with the kids on Christmas Eve morning since he had off of work. I ended up getting the day after Christmas off so I drove up myself early on Christmas morning and we all came back the Saturday after Christmas.
On Christmas Eve, Brian's family had a Christmas party with Santa and lots of gifts. I couldn't attend of course but I guess the kids had a lot of fun...but were pretty tired by the end. They weren't too fond of Santa at first, but once Ian realized Santa was the source of presents, he warmed up to the idea.

Before Ian realized Santa gave out gifts:
Ian and his cousin Reese dancing:

Reese and Lahna (Brian's brother's girls) and Alexis and Ian....yeah, trying to get the four of them to pose together is impossible...especially when Ian is trying to squeeze his sister:

And he's still squeezing:
Alexis and Papi (Brian's dad):
Uncle Mike, Ian and Reese:
On Christmas morning (before I arrived) Brian, the kids, Brian's parents and Brian's brother's family all opened gifts at his parents house. Wow! What a ton of presents!! Both of our cars were loaded on the way home. His parents had already gotten Alexis a kitchen and Ian a workbench and tools but the gifts just kept on coming!

Uncle Mike, Ian and Lahna:
Ian with his new guitar:
Aunt Meghan and Ian opening gifts:
Ian and Reese with a train set:
The rest of our time in Rochester was spent visiting more of Brian's family and friends and Brian and I even got to go out and get lunch and see a movie together without the kids! That's always a plus!!
Alexis with Brian's cousin Emily:
Oh, and Happy Belated New Year!!! Hopefully it won't be so long before the next post but I can't guarantee anything.

1 comment:

The Cherkauskas Family said...

I love Ian's pajamas and Alexis is getting so big. Drew got a kitchen for Xmas too and makes dinner whenever I do. Still weird to see pictures of Mike with your kids. Glad you had a nice Christmas.